Yesssss these are as mind blowing as they sound! A total decadent and delicious yet nourishing treat! They really don’t need much of an intro as you kind of have to just try for yourself to see how epic they truely are! They’re super simple to whip up and completely dairy free, gluten free, egg free, and refined sugar free (except for the melted choc on top ☺️)
– 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
– 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
– 1/3 cup walnuts
– 1 cup medjool dates
– 1 heaping Tbsp. Cacao powder
– 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (my fave brand is New World!)
– 1/4 cup raw honey
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1 bar of “Theo” dark chocolate (my current fave chocolate brand) or 1 cup dark chocolate chips
– A few tiny splashes almond milk (to help with melting of the chocolate)
For the BASE:
– Place pumpkin, sunflower seeds, and walnuts into a food processor or Vitamix (a blender will work if you don’t have either of these). Mix until you reach a fine flour like consistency
– Add in the dates and cacao powder and continue to blend until your reach a fine, well incorporated consistency (this can take a few minutes)
– Press this mixture firmly with your hands on to the bottom of a loaf pan (9.5 x 5 inch). Do this until the mixture is completely even and flatted. It can help to use a fork
For the MIDDLE:
– Melt the sunflower seed butter, honey, and coconut oil on the stove top in a small pan.
– Be sure to NOT bring to a boil! You just need to do this to lightly melt these ingredients until they become a liquid consistency
– As soon as they are liquid, remove from heat and pour on top the base layer in the pan
– Place this mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes
After the 30 minutes are up…
For the TOP:
– Melt the chocolate chips with a few tsp of almond milk (you seriously just need a few tiny splashes to help liquify things)
– I recommend using a small pan on low heat to melt them, stirring constantly. However the “double boiler” method would also work for this
– Remove the pan from the freezer, and pour this melted chocolate mixture on top of the sunflower seed butter layer
– Place back in the freezer for an additional hour (or until the chocolate layer has completely re-solidified)
– Remove from the freezer once the bars appear completely solid and cut them into square pieces. I find that it helps to leave them out on the counter for 10-15 minutes for easier cutting.
– Sprinkle with hemp hearts and dried rose petals or another topping of your choice!
– NOTE: These store best in the freezer and then taken out a few minutes before consumption. You can also store them in the fridge for 3-4 days however they will be on the softer side (depends what you prefer)!