This blog post was sponsored by Botanica Health
This is my ultimate go-to smoothie recipe! And for some good reasons!
- It’s incredibly delicious tasting
- It’s loaded with protein, fibre, healthy fats, and anti-oxidants
- It’s simple to make (you don’t need to have a million ingredients in your fridge to make a satisfying, super food containing smoothie!)
I personally notice SUCH a difference when eat enough protein in my diet – and having this as a quick breakfast option helps a lot with that!
One note to make is that I don’t just use any protein in my smoothies. Truly the only protein I love the quality and taste of is Botanica Perfect Protein. It’s the best! In fact, I have a whole blog post explaining what to look for when buying protein powder and why Botanica is my only go to! You can read it here.
I couldn’t be more stoked because Botanica recently launched an “elevated line” that contains specific super foods to take your health to the next level.
One of my faves from this elevated line is the “Brain Booster (obviously!). It has Rhodiola, Lion’s Mane, and B vitamins within each serving – all of which are so supportive for the brain and can help to keep anxiety at ease.
The best part about it is you get an actual serving from every scoop – meaning you DON’T need to add all sorts of extra powders or potions to make a true superfood smoothie!
Okay now on to the recipe for this Best Protein Berry Smoothie!
- 1 heaping cup frozen blackberries (we pick wild blackberries in the summer and freeze them to have on hand throughout the year)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1 scoop Botanica Perfect Protein – Brain Booster
Place all ingredients into a blender, and blend on high until you reach a smooth, creamy texture! Top with additional hemp hearts, your favourite low sugar granola, or whatever else your heart desires for some extra goodness.
Below I topped it with: unsweetened coconut yogurt, banana, sugar free buckwheat granola, and rose petals (for the beauty not taste 😉 )