These are an amazing take on my favourite snack (bliss balls)! I love them as the sweet potato makes them soft and hearty while the chocolate chips give them that extra punch of sweetness to satisfying your chocolate cravings. This is a great recipe for fall, winter, or any time of year. It’s gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free (except the chocolate chips), and loaded with good-for-you ingredients like oats, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.
On a side note, I actually technically think I used yam but “yam bliss balls” don’t sound nearly as appetizing in my opinion!
– ½ cup walnuts
– ½ cup sunflower seeds
– ½ cup pumpkin seeds
– 1 cup whole rolled oats
– ½ cup dates
– ½ cup mashed yam (with skin on)
– 1 tbsp. sunflower seed butter
– Dash of sea salt
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
– Cook sweet potato with your desired method. I recommend steaming or cutting it into bite size pieces, placing in a pot of boiling water, and cooking until fork tender. Cooking it in the oven works well too!
– Place the walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a food processor or vitamix. Blend until you reach a flour like consistency
– Next add the oats and continue to blend
– Finally add the dates, mashed sweet potato, sunflower seed butter, cinnamon, and sea salt
– Blend until well incorporated
– Once the mixture becomes homogenous, remove from blender, place in a large bowl and fold in the chocolate chips
– Allow mixture to cool in the fridge for 20 minutes easier rolling
– Roll into golf ball sized shapes
– Optional to drizzle with melted chocolate chips for extra chocolatey goodness!
– Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for any longer