This is honestly one of the most nutrient dense, easy to digest, quick to make, and satisfying breakfasts! Eating it in the morning will help to your balance blood sugars throughout the day as it’s loaded with fibre, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and proteins.
– 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
– 1 cup water
– 1/3 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
– 1/2 chopped banana
– 1/2 Tbsp. of the following toppings: sunflower or pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts, flax seeds (whole for insoluble fibre or ground for Omega 3’s), goji berries
– Dash of cinnamon
– Optional: splash of nut milk or oat milk
– Place oats and water into a small pot. Bring to a boil and then turn to medium heat. Cook until oats and water are well incorporated (approximately 5 minutes)
– Place cooked oats in a serving bowl and add toppings to your liking
– Enjoy your super simple and delicious breakfast! I like to have mine with a nice steeped cup of Yerba Mate and a touch of honey as picture below.