These are SO light, fluffy, and dreamy tasting! Another perfect way to use zucchini when its in season!
– 1 and a 1/2 Cups whole oats and then ground into a flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– dash of sea salt
– 2 Tbsp raw coconut or cane sugar *See Notes
– 1/3 C maple syrup
– 1 pasture raised egg (could also try flax egg)
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup almond butter
– 1 cup grated zucchini (towel dried quite well)
– 3/4 C chocolate chips
Notes: If you have a large sweet tooth or are making for people who like sweeter things (like when I make for my boyfriend) you can increase to 1/3 cup sugar
– Preheat oven to 350o F
– Place dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix
– Shred/ grate zucchini and then squeeze out additional moisture with a tea towel
– Add the remaining ingredients, stirring after each addition (save zucchini and chocolate chips for the end and fold in after the others are well mixed)
– Place in a 8 x 8 pan
– Bake at 350F for 25 min.
– Let cool and then place in freezer for 20-30 min before you cut. This will help them stay together better!
– Drizzle with melted chocolate for extra deliciousness!