If you haven’t tried cooking with chickpea flour yet, I can’t recommend it enough! This meal is one of my faves for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! It requires so few ingredients, is just the right amount satisfying, and makes for a perfectly balanced meal as it contains protein, fibre, healthy fats, and tons of veg!
For anyone who might be wondering, in 1/2 a cup of chickpea flour (what this recipe calls for, there are 178 calories, 10g of protein, and 5g of fibre.
Yield: 1 large omelette or 2 small ones
– 1/2 cup chickpea flour
– 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. water (or more if you like your omelette thinner)
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 1/8 tsp garlic powder
– 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
– 1 medium white onion
– 2 cups cabbage, finely chopped
– watermelon radish
– Pre-heat a cast iron pan with a splash of oil
– Add the onion to the pan and allow to sauté until translucent
– Next add the cabbage to the pan and continue to saute for 5-7 minutes or until cooked to your liking
– Remove from pan, and set veggies aside
– In a small mixing bowl, mix the chickpea flour, water, nutritional yeast, and spices in a bowl
– Pour the batter over the well heated and re-oiled cast iron pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of your veggies on top of the batter
– Flip the omelette when it begins to bubble on top. Cook until lightly browned
– Top with your desired toppings (avocado, tahini, etc.) and serve with the rest of your sautéd veggies!
NOTE: I just want to say that although this is the version of the recipe I have adapted over time, I do not take credit for the idea of coming up with a “chickpea omelette” – I’ve seen numerous other food bloggers do it and felt inspired to start making my own this way 🙂