I love this edition on hummus! You’ve likely heard turmeric is amazing for you and super anti-inflammatory, but if you’re not drinking turmeric lattes everyday you might wonder how to actually incorporate this superfood into your daily diet! In all honesty, you can put it in anything! From salad dressings, to smoothies, to bliss balls, and even hummus!
– 1 cup soaked and cooked chickpeas or 1 BPA free can
– Juice of 1/2 a lemon
– 2 Tbsp. tahini
– 2 Tbsp. olive oil
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 tsp sea salt (plus more for garnish)
– 2 tsp. ground turmeric powder
– 1/2 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp curry powder (or more if you like some extra flavour)
– 2 Tbsp. water (plus additional for a less thick consistency)
– Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Place the the lemon juice and olive oil in first to ensure the chickpeas don’t get stuck in the bottom
– Mix until you reach a smooth consistency.
– Depending on how thick you want it to be, you can add a few Tbsp. of water for easier mixing and a thinner consistency. You can also feel free to add additional turmeric, curry powder, cumin, or other spices of your liking!
– This hummus tastes great served with crackers, on the base of a sandwich, or as a dip for carrots and cucumber
– If you’re using as a dip, garnish with toppings of choice. I like to use hemp hearts, sesame seeds, rose petals, and additional turmeric powder