Gah! These are SO good! They honestly make for the most perfect mid morning or afternoon snack – and are the perfect amount sweet they can even pass as a healthy dessert!
I actually have to share a HUGE thanks to my sister for coming up with this recipe! She got me hooked and I can’t get enough so I wanted to share with you all!
I particularily love these protein balls as they’re free of refined sugars, loaded with protein, healthy fats, and fibre! I also love them because they are date free. Not that I have anything against dates but I find so many of my bliss balls contained them – and they all sort of tasted the same.
For this protein ball recipe – a few important things to note:
- Ensure you use a NATURAL peanut butter (one without any other ingredients other than organic peanuts and maybe salt). Peanuts are a food that’s very important to buy organic – so definitely pay attention to that!
- Use whole rolled oats as opposed to quick oats. I find the recipe tastes much nicer with a high quality whole rolled oat
- Be aware of the type of protein you use! I ALWAYS use Botanica’s Perfect Protein Vanilla because I’m in love with the ingredients in it and the taste! It’s got 20g of plant based protein and is free of sugar, stevia, dairy, and pea protein (which is harder for some to digest). Best of all – it tastes so good (not chalky at all). You can read more about what to look out for in a protein powder here.
Okay so now that that’s all cleared up – it’s onto this ‘Best Peanut Butter Protein Ball Recipe’!
– 1.5 scoop vanilla protein powder (we use Botanica Health Perfect Protein vanilla – it’s my fave!)
– 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 3 Tbsp. Maple syrup
– 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
– 2.5 cups whole rolled oats
– Chocolate chips/ chunks (as many as you like 😌)
– Blend 1 cup of the oats into a flour like consistency. Add to a large bowl followed by all other ingredients
– Mix well. Add in chocolate and continue to mix
– Roll into large golf ball sized shapes
– Store in fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for any longer!