Okay friends, this recipe is going to blow your mind! These are simply the best pancakes you could possibly imagine! And they’re health-i-fied meaning they’re anxiety easing, gut loving, blood sugar balancing, and non inflammatory!
Not only are they fluffy, hearty, and delicious, they also happen to be gluten free, dairy free, free of refined grains, and also completely sugar free!
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s super simple to make!! You won’t ever miss boxed pancakes after making these!
Before we jump to the recipe, here are some additional tips for health-i-fying your pancakes:
– Grinding up oats (like I call for in this recipe) to make your own oat flour works great (and isn’t actually that hard)! Otherwise be sure the flour you use is an organic and whole grain option (spelt, whole wheat, or buckwheat work great)
– Try to use all organic ingredients, aluminum free baking powder, and pasture raised eggs
– Use a cast iron or non toxic pan. Coat with olive oil, avocado oil, or grass fed butter (avoid seed oils or sprays like pam)
– For your syrup: avoid anything that isn’t real maple syrup (it should be from a maple tree!) 🍁
– Add some other toppings for additional goodness like blueberries for anti-oxidants & brain health, nut butter and hemp hearts for extra protein & healthy fats and if you’re feeling fancy – make my 3 ingredient date caramel sauce which you’ll find below!
Ingredients for the Pancakes:
– 2 cups whole oats, ground into a flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– Pinch of sea salt & cinnamon
– 2 ripe banana
– 1 cup almond milk
– 2 pasture raised eggs
Instructions for the Pancakes:
– Place your oats in a high speed blender such as a vitamix and grind until you reach a fine flour like consistency
– Add oats to a large mixing bowl followed by baking powder, and a pinch of cinnamon and sea salt. Mix until well combined
– Once the dry ingredients are mixed, add your banana, almond milk, and pasture raised eggs to your blender (be sure to do this separate from the oats) and mix on low until it becomes smooth and creamy (should only take 45 seconds or so)
– Pour the wet from the blender into the dry and mix until just combined
– Pre-heat a cast iron pan on medium heat with a drizzle of high quality oil or grass fed better
– Ensure the pan is hot before you spoon out your first pancake onto it
– Flip once you start to see bubbles forming on the top
– Repeat until all pancakes are completed
– Top with 3 ingredient date caramel sauce, real maple syrup, blueberries, and hemp hearts!
Ingredients for the Date Caramel Sauce:
– 1/2 cup medjool dates soaked in hot water
– 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
– 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp. hot water
Instructions for the 3 Ingredient Date Caramel Sauce:
– Boil water in your kettle. Place dates into a small glass bowl. Once the water has boiled, pour over the dates and then allow them to soak for 10-30 minutes
– Once the dates have softened, strain them of the water. Then add them to the blender
– Add the peanut butter and additional hot water to the blender with the dates
– Blend until you reach a smooth and creamy texture
– NOTE: you may need to add a touch more water depending on how thick you want the sauce to be
– Spread generously on top of your pancakes!
Leave a Reply