Warning: these brownies might be your new favourite treat ever! They are incredibly goey, fudgey, decadent, and delicious – while being grain free, gluten free, oil free, dairy free, and lower in sugar than your average brownie!
Not only this, but these brownies are loaded with healthy fats from almond butter and sunflower seeds (so cool!!) helping them to avoid causing major blood sugar spikes and crashes (an anxiety night mare).
I honestly think you’re going to love these – especially if you’re a chocolate lover and into soft, goey, wildly delicious yet nourishing treats!
These ‘Best Grain Free & Goey Brownies’ are perfect for all chocolate lovers! I can’t wait for you to try!
– 1 cup sunflower seeds, blended until they reach a fine flour like texture
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp sea salt
– 1/3 cup raw cacao powder (this is the less processed form of cocoa)
– 1/3 cup raw cane sugar
– 1 large pasture raised egg
– 1/3 cup maple syrup
– 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
– 1/2 cup almond butter
– Optional: 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup (or more!) chocolate chunks (I love using Prana Organic or chopping up a Greens & Black Organic Dark Chocolate Bar)
– Pre-heat oven to 325 F convection
– Place sunflower seeds into a high speed blender (a Vitamix works great) and blend until you reach a fine flour like consistency
– Remove sunflower seeds from the blender and place in a mixing bowl
– Add the baking powder, sea salt, cacao, and cane sugar and mix very well
– Next the egg, maple syrup, apple sauce, almond butter, and vanilla (if using). Mix until well incorporated
– Then fold in the chocolate chips
– Pour batter into an 8 x 8 pan, ensuring it’s evenly distributed throughout
– Place into oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes. To see if they are finished, insert a fork, it should come out fairly clean (unless you hit a chocolate chip 🙂
– Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes until cutting into it (I know it’s hard to wait – but will be worth it I promise!)