I’ve shared a lot of bread/ muffin recipes in my life but believe it when I say these are some of the BEST! I came up with the recipe after many trial attempts to make a muffin sweet enough my boy friend while being healthy enough for my liking!! They’re great to have around the house as they seem to please everyone (boy friends, kids, health conscious ppl, and those who just love a good treat)!
– 1 cup whole rolled oats blended into a flour
– 1 cup unbleached white flour (OR you can also use GF flour, more oat flour, or spelt – each one give them a slightly different flavour, and I love them all!)
– 2 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 3-4 very ripe banana
– 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
– 1/3 cup raw cane sugar
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 2 pasture raised large eggs
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup frozen berries OR chocolate chips (or both)
– Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir
– Place all wet ingredients into a blender and blend until well mixed
– Add wet to dry and stir until just combined
– Fold in berries or chocolate chips
– Place in prepared muffin tins and sprinkle each muffin top with either oats or hemp hearts
– Bake at 330F (convection). I do 11- 12 minutes for the mini muffins and 16- 18 min for larger muffins. It always depends on how full you fill the muffin tins, and how hot your oven is!
– Once cooled, remove from muffin tray, and ENJOY!