I’ve shared a lot of bread/ muffin recipes in my life but believe it when I say these are some of the BEST! I came up with the recipe after many trial attempts to make a muffin sweet enough my partner, Luke while being healthy enough for my liking!! They’re great to have around the house as they seem to please everyone (boy friends, kids, health conscious ppl, and those who just love a good treat)!
The hemp heart topping on these muffins makes for the perfect touch! I find they cook so much better with them on top! Not only that, they add tons of nutrition as hemp hearts are loaded with omega 3’s, protein, and fibre! I love buying my hemp hearts from Eaton Organic (they’re the company I’m partnering with on my CBD trial)!
– 1 cup whole rolled oats blended into a flour
– 1 cup unbleached white flour (OR you can also use GF flour, more oat flour, or spelt – each one give them a slightly different flavour, and I love them all!)
– 2 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 3-4 very ripe banana
– 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
– 1/3 cup raw cane sugar
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 2 pasture raised large eggs
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 cup frozen berries (can also add in chocolate chips)
– 3 Tbsp. hemp hearts (I use Eaton Hemp Hearts)
– Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir
– Place all wet ingredients into a blender and blend until well mixed
– Add wet to dry and stir until just combined
– Fold in berries or chocolate chips
– Place in prepared muffin tins and sprinkle each muffin top with the hemp hearts
– Bake at 330F (convection). I do 11- 12 minutes for the mini muffins and 16- 18-20 min for regular sized muffins. For the loaf, I typically cook for 50-55 minutes (but always check at 45). It always depends on how full you fill the muffin tins, and how hot your oven is!
– Once cooled, remove from muffin tray, and ENJOY!