I really don’t have much to say about these bars other than that they are SO YUM (if you love tahini!) and you must try them! They are actually super simple to make and only require 8 ingredients (4 for each layer).
These heavenly tasting, Tahini Fudge Bliss Bars are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and loaded with goodness from the sunflower seeds, walnuts, dates, and tahini of course 🙂
In case you’re wondering – they really are as rich, hearty, and indulgent tasting as they look – and a true crowd pleaser to all!
It’s important to note – these bars MUST go in the freezer in order to set and MUST stay in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to eat. They will melt on the counter if they’re out for too long! I prefer to keep mine in the freezer and then remove approx. 10-15 minutes before I want to eat them.
– 1/2 cup walnuts
– 1/2 cup sunflower seed
– 1 cup medjool dates or Deglet Noor dates
– 1 heaping Tbsp. raw cacao powder
– 3/4 cup tahini (be sure to use a thicker tahini as opposed to a super runny one for best results)
– 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (be sure to just melt, not boil/ over heat)
– 1/4 cup liquid honey (must be liquid enough to stir!)
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips
– Eaton Hemp Hearts (use MEG20 for 20% off your order)
– Additional chocolate chips
– Anything else you desire – I used rose petals to make them extra pretty 🙂
For the BASE LAYER:
– Place sunflower seeds and walnuts into a food processor or high speed blender. Mix until you reach a fine flour like consistency
– Add in the dates and cacao powder and continue to blend until your reach a fine, well incorporated consistency (this can take a few minutes)
– Press this mixture firmly with your hands on to the bottom of a loaf pan (9.5 x 5 inch). Do this until the mixture is completely even and flatted. It can help to use a fork or a mini jar you can roll on the top to help flatten
For the TAHINI LAYER:
– Melt the coconut oil on the stove top in a small pan. Be sure to NOT bring to a boil! You just need to lightly melt the oil until it becomes liquid. You can do this for your honey as well if it’s not liquid enough.
– Add the melted coconut oil to a medium sized bowl with the tahini and honey. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
– Ensure the mixture is approx. room temp and then add the chocolate chips. If you add them while it’s too hot, you will risk melting all the chocolate chips and not getting the nice crunch they provide – not to mention your tahini mixture will turn brown!
– Pour the mixture on top of the base layer in the pan
– Place this mixture in the freezer for approx. 45 minutes to allow to set!
– After they’ve set, remove from freezer, allow to sit for approx. 10 minutes, and then cut into square sized shapes
– Garnish with hemp hearts and anything else you desire!