This granola is gluten free, oil free, vegan, and sweetened only with a touch of fruit!
In all honesty, I wasn’t sure if I was a huge fan of the recipe when I first made it, as I’m so used to my OG sweet granola! However having it around the house for a few days has made me fall in love with it! It’s great having a handful for a mid morning snack or post dinner treat to cut any sugar cravings. I also really enjoy it in a smoothie bowl!
I wasn’t sure how in-to a sugar free granola people would be, as like myself, I know a lot of people are used to super high sugar granolas – however 96% of ppl said they wanted the recipe when I asked in a poll on my Instagram stories – so I figured I better share the recipe! 🙂
I should remind you, it’s sugar free and and intended to be a very healthy snack (not a sweet treat) so keep that in mind when your taste testing!
– 3 cups whole rolled oats
– 1 cup buckwheat groats
– 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
– 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– Pinch of cinnamon
– 1/2 cup apple sauce
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– 1 ripe mashed banana
– Pre heat oven to 305F (convection)
– Place banana, apple sauce, and PB in a blender and mix until smooth
– Place oats, seeds, cinnamon, sea salt and buckwheat into a bowl
– Pour the PB mixture over the oat mixture and mix until well dispersed.
– Spread equally over 2 cookie trays and bake for 45-55 minutes (depending on the heat of your oven)
– Remove from oven to flip around every 15 min or so. You’ll know it’s finished when golden in colour. It should firm up on your counter after cooling.
– NOTE: feel free to add chopped dates or raisins as soon as you take it out of the oven (the heat from the granola makes them delicious and coated in all the PB goodness)!