These are one of my all time favourite desserts! They are the perfect amount decadent while still tasting super wholesome and nourishing. I love them for an afternoon chocolate treat or as a crowd pleasing dessert! They really do work for almost everyone as they’re vegan, gluten free, egg free, dairy free, refined sugar free – yet no one would guess! Not only this – they are truly a chocolate lovers dream!
– 1 cup sunflower seeds
– 1 cup pumpkin seeds
– 1 and 1/2 cups dates (best to use a soft variety such as Medjool or Barhi)
– 2 heaping Tbsp. raw cacao powder
– 2 Tbsp. raw cacao nibs
– 1 heaping Tbsp. nut or seed butter of choice. I often use sunflower seed or peanut butter as its the least expensive
– Pinch of sea Salt
– 3/4 cup dark semi sweet chocolate chips
– A few tiny splashes almond milk
– Peanut butter drizzle
– Hemp hearts
– Cacao nibs
– Rose petals
– Goji berries
– Anything else your heart could desire!
– Place sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds into a Vitamix or food processor. Blend until you reach a fine some what “flour like” texture
– Next add the dates to the Vitamix (or whatever you’re using). Blend until dates are incorporated into the nuts (approximately 2 minutes on low)
– Add all other ingredients except for the chocolate chips
– Blend until everything is well incorporated. If you notice your batter to be a touch dry, add more nut/ seed butter. If your mix is too wet, remove batter from vitamix, then add an additional 1/2 cup of pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Blend until fine and then re-add the batter. Doing this ensures your seeds will be well ground within the mixture
– Evenly press raw brownie mixture into an 8 x 8 square pan (you can use a different size however the thickness of the brownie will vary).
– In a small sauce pan, on LOW heat, add chocolate chips. This step is CRITICAL! Be sure to watch the chocolate chips melt very closely as they burn fast! Add your few splashes of almond milk (by this I mean teaspoons). Stir throughout the entire melting process. As soon as you notice the chocolate chips have all melted, remove from heat immediately
– Pour melted chocolate chips over pan-pressed raw brownie mixture
– Place in freezer immediately and allow to freeze for at least 1 hour
– You can then remove from freezer and cut into squares. Before I do this I often like to drizzle with peanut butter and or hemp hearts.
– These are best stored in freezer and removed 20 minutes prior to eating. Storing in the fridge also works well but they will be a softer texture – whichever you prefer is great 🙂
Hope you enjoy!!!