These brownies are seriously heavenly tasting and are the perfect spring/floral take on a chocolate-y treat.” They’re one of my favourite treats to have on hand in my freezer to fulfill an afternoon/ evening chocolate craving. I especially love them because they are gluten free, dairy free, nut free, vegan, and refined sugar free (with exception of a tiny bit of melted chocolate on top). They are loaded with antioxidants from the cacao, healthy fats from the ground seeds, fibre from the dates, and full of beauty from the locally grown rose petals!
– 1 Cup Sunflower seeds
– 1 Cup Dates
– 2 Tbsp. Cacao Powder
– 2 Tbsp. Cacao Nibs
– 1 Tbsp. Sunflower seed butter
– 1 Tbsp. unrefined Coconut Oil
– Dash of Sea Salt
– 1/2 cup dairy free Chocolate Chips (melted on stove top with a few splashes of almond milk)
– For Topping: Hemp hearts and/or dried Rose Petals
– Place the sunflower seeds in a food processor or blender. Blend until you reach a fine flour like consistency
– Next add the dates. Continue to blend until well incorporated.
– Then add the remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate chips and toppings).
– Once everything is blended so it becomes well incorporated, press firmly into a 8 x8 pan and place in the freezer
– Now, in a small pan melt the chocolate chips on the stove top on LOW heat with approximately 1-2 Tbsp. almond milk. Be sure to stir frequently to avoid burning.
– Once melted, remove bars from freezer and evenly drizzle chocolate over them. Replace the pan back in the freezer for 1 hour or until chocolate hardens.
– Following this, top with hemp hearts and rose petals.
– Allow to sit on counter for approximately 15 minutes before you cut into 1 inch squares.
– These are best stored in a container in the freezer until you are ready to eat.
They’re seriously the perfect treat to satisfy any chocolate craving!