I would often struggle with what to make for breakfast as we transitioned out of smoothie season into the colder months. However, discovering this combo – that struggle has becoming essentially non existent!
This Pumpkin Chia Protein Oat Pudding is the IDEAL quick and easy breakfast for those cooler fall and winter mornings!
I love this recipe because it’s honestly SO simple to make, meets nearly HALF your daily fibre requirements (for women), is loaded with protein, and honestly tastes so incredibly hearty and nourishing!
You can make it the night before, pull it out of the fridge in the morning, top with whatever you desire, and have breakfast in mere minutes.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup milk of choice and more for thinning if needed (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use Omega Nutrition Pumpkin Seed Protein)
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 2-3 Tbsp. Chia * See Note
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Optional toppings: banana, coconut yogurt, coconut flakes, peanut butter, hemp hearts, etc.
*NOTE: if you tend to be quite hungry in the mornings, add 3 Tbsp. of chia (as opposed to just 2) for the extra fibre and healthy fats. If you do add 3 Tbsp, add 3 or so more Tbsp. of milk.
- Place you pumpkin, almond milk, and protein into a blender and mix until super smooth and creamy
- Add oats, chia, and cinnamon to a 500mL jar
- Next, pour the pumpkin milk mixture into the jar
- Stir/ shake until it’s all very well incorporated
- Allow to sit for a minimum of 45 minutes (or overnight in the fridge)
- When the mixture has thickened and the chia seeds have gelatinized, it’s ready to eat 🙂 Take a look at the texture – if it’s too thick for your liking, add a splash more milk
- Top with whatever you desire – I like banana, coconut yogurt, peanut butter, and hemp hearts. But the sky is the limit!