Okay friends – the name says it all with this smoothie! It truly is like liquid GOLD! It’s satiating, light, refreshing, creamy, and the perfect amount sweet! It takes decadent and indulgent yet at the same time nourishing and hearty!
The best part about this smoothie (aside from the taste) is the fact there is frozen zucchini in it!! If you’ve never used frozen zucchini in a smoothie before here are your options:
- Purchase frozen zucchini from the grocery store (you should be able to find it in the freezer section)
- Chop it into slices, place in a freezer safe bag, and freeze yourself.
A few other things to note about this recipe:
- I love using Botanica’s Perfect Protein (vanilla)
- You can sub the peanut butter for almond or hazelnut butter or try sunflower seed butter for a nut
- For mylk I typically us Earth’s Own unsweetened organic almond
- 1 large handful frozen zucchini
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup dairy free mylk of choice
- A pinch of cinnamon & cardamom
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I recommend Botanica)
- 1 heaping scoop peanut butter
- Place all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth and creamy
- Taste test to add more of any of the ingredients you might desire (ex. extra cinnamon, more milk to make it less thick, more zucchini to make it thicker, etc)!
- Pour into a glass jar or your favourite cup and enjoy!