This is such a perfect healthy banana muffin recipe! In case you haven’t noticed- I loveee banana muffins and have all sorts of different recipes up here!
This recipe is unique in that it not only tastes delicious but it has no refined sugars, only a touch of oil, and no refined flours. I don’t know about you – but for me, that’s a huge win when it comes to a recipe 🙂
I hope you enjoy these healthy banana muffins as much as I do! With a drizzle of your favourite nut butter – you really can’t beat em!
– 1 cups oats, ground into flour
– 1 cup spelt flour OR gluten free 1:1 flour OR an additional 1 cup oats ground into a flour * See Note
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
– 3 ripe bananas
– 1/3 cup maple syrup
– 2 Tbsp. Coconut oil (melted)
– 2 pasture raised eggs
MIX IN’S: (All optional – choose whichever suites!)
– 1.5 cups FROZEN blueberries (or another type of berry – just ensure they’re frozen not defrosted as they will be too wet) OR
– 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips OR
– 1/2 cup walnuts
– 2 Tbsp. hemp hearts (for topping) – Use “MEG20” for 20% off your order!
*NOTE: you can play around with any of the flours listed here. Each will give it a slightly different texture/ taste – but all are delicious!
– Pre-heat oven to 325°F (convection)
– Place oats into a blender or vitamix and blend until you reach a fine flour like consistency (you shouldn’t see any large oat flakes left, it should really look like a flour!)
– Add oat flour to a large bowl, followed by all other dry ingredients. Mix until everything is well combined
– In a blender, or vitamix, add all the wet ingredients; the bananas, coconut oil, eggs, and maple syrup. Blend until very smooth and creamy
– Add wet ingredients from the blender, into the dry bowl, and mix until just combined
– Lightly fold in whatever mix ins you’re using
– Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins (I make my muffins fairly big so there only ends up being 10-11 muffins)
– Sprinkle muffin tops with hemp hearts – I use Eaton Hemp Hearts (use MEG20 for 20% off your order!)
– Bake for approx. 17-21 min (the time variation depends on how big you made your muffins, and how hot your oven is, and what you use for mix in’s (berries will take longer than walnuts)
– You’ll know their finished when they no longer look wet on top, and when you touch the top, it lightly springs back to you