This blog post was sponsored by Eaton Hemp
These very well might become your GO TO holiday muffin recipe – and I don’t giveaway that title lightly as I know there are so many delicious muffin recipes to enjoy during the holiday season!
These are essentially gingerbread cookies in muffin form – and taste absolutely incredible!
They’re hearty, fluffy, and the perfect mix of sweet and spicy!
These muffins are topped with my most favourite baking addition: Eaton hemp hearts! I love adding hemp hearts to my baked goods because they not only look amazing (and so seasonal for winter) they also add an extra punch of protein, healthy fats, and trace nutrients!
As you’ve likely heard by now – I LOVE Eaton Hemp Hearts because they are organic, the highest quality, and taste oh so fresh and nourishing on just about everything!
For this recipe there are a few different ways you can modify:
- The original way I made them which is with half unbleached organic white flour and half oat flour
- A more ‘hearty version’ which is with half oat flour and half whole wheat or spelt flour (I like spelt)
I hope you enjoy these Gingerbread Holiday Muffins as much as I do! They taste so so delicious with a drizzle of almond butter or Miyokos vegan butter on top – or anything else your heart desires!
– 1 cup unbleached organic white flour (see notes below for different versions)
– 1 cup whole rolled oats
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp Sea salt
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp nutmeg
– 1 inch piece ginger, finely grated
– 1/2 cup apple sauce
– 2 pasture raised large eggs
– 1/4 cup molasses
– 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
– 1/3 cup raw cane sugar
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 2 Tbsp. Eaton Hemp hearts! Use the code MEG20 for 20% off your order!
– For a ‘heartier’ version: sub the white flour for 1 cup of whole wheat or spelt flour – *I recommend this if you are trying to avoid refined flours or are struggling with anxiety and want something extra supportive blood sugar balancing!*
– Preheat oven to 325oF (convection)
– Place oats in a blender and blend until you reach a fine flour like texture
– Mix oat flour, white or whole wheat flour, baking soda, powder, ginger, cinnamon, & salt together in a bowl
– Now, blend all wet ingredients into your blender until well incorporated
– Add wet to dry and mix well. NOTE: be sure to scrape down your blender very well to ensure you get every last drop of the wet ingredients into the dry bowl or else they won’t turn out as fluffy and delicious!
– Pour batter into a prepared muffin tins
– Generously sprinkle with Eaton Hemp hearts, and pop them in the oven!
– Check after the 16 minute mark – they typically should take between 16-18min