If you’re looking for heaven in a cup – this is it!
I absolutely love this smoothie because it’s all the things you could want from one!
It’s creamy, refreshing, decadent, and delicious. Not only that but it’s loaded with healthy fats, protein, and complex carbohydrates to make for an incredible snack or breakfast.
It’s a great smoothie to enjoy if you have a sweet tooth as it’s the perfect amount sweet yet seems to help curb future cravings for more sweetness!
The ashwaganda powder and magnesium make this smoothie super calming – as well as all the other blood sugar balancing components.
I hope you love it as much as I do!
– 1 ripe frozen banana
– 1/2 cup frozen zucchini
– 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I love Botanica Perfect Protein)
– 1 heaping Tbsp. raw cacao powder
– 1 scoop peanut butter or almond butter
– Pinch of cinnamon
– 1 tsp. ashwaganda powder (I love Alchemy Taste)
– 1 cup dairy free milk (I use unsweetened almond)
– If you’re not familiar with frozen zucchini, all you have to do is slice one up and then place it in a bag or flat on a tray and pop it in the freezer for at least 1 hour. I love freezing a few at once so I have on hand for smoothies throughout the week
– Once the zucchini is frozen (it’s just like nutritious ice!), remove 1/2 cup from freezer and place it in your blender along with all other ingredients
– Mix until your smoothie is nice and creamy
– If it’s too thick, add more almond milk. If it’s too runny, add additional zucchini or 1/2 more banana
– Pour into your favourite cup and enjoy!
Leave a Reply