The title says it all – this recipe is seriously the BEST on the go breakfast (I sometimes even have it for lunch or a mid-day snack). It’s refreshing, nourishing, hearty, delicious, and the perfect touch sweet. The best part is you can make it the night before in 5 minutes (tops) and grab it as you head out the door.
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
– 1/3 cup whole rolled oats
– 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
– 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/3 cup berries of choice (whichever are in season!)
– Place almond milk and banana in a blender and mix until well combined
– Place the oats, chiar, and cinnamon in a 500mL mason jar
– Add the almond milk/banana mixture to the mason jar, place lid on, and shake well
– Put the mason jar with the lid on in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour. The mixture should be thick and the chia seeds should appear gelatinized before you remove from fridge.
– When you are ready to eat, add fresh strawberries
– Mix and enjoy
NOTE: Letting this recipe sit in the fridge overnight works really well if you want to enjoy this for breakfast the next morning