You can literally put this special “cheese-esque” topper on anything and everything! I especially love sprinkling it on top of my salads and pasta dishes. The other day a sprinkled it on top of a garden fresh heirloom tomato and it was literally melt in your mouth goodness. Best of all – it’s SO easy to make in stores well in the refrigerator.
– 1 cup raw cashews
– 1/3 cup Nutritional yeast
– 2 Tbsp. olive oil
– 1/2 clove of fresh garlic
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 tsp. onion powder
– Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until well combined. NOTE: if you are using a blender, it’s recommended you add the cashews first and blend them initially in order to break them up a bit. Then add all other ingredients.
– If you are having trouble mixing add in an a few extra drizzles of olive oil
– The end result should be a crumbly grated “parmesan” texture
– Sprinkle over any salad (or dish) of choice.
– Leftover are best stored in an air tight glass jar or container in the fridge
Leave a Reply