Introducing…. your new favourite “on the go” breakfast!
Cacao Chia Overnight Oats!
It seriously tastes like you’re eating chocolate for breakfast (because you are) – however it doesn’t contain all the sugar! Instead it’s loaded with blood sugar balancing ingredients like whole rolled oats and chia seeds!
I love having cacao in the morning as it’s both mood boosting & energizing.
You seriously can’t go wrong with this breaky!
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or another dairy free milk)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder (can add more if you like it nice and rich!)
- 1 Tbsp. almond or hazelnut butter
- Place the almond milk, banana, and cacao powder into a blender and blend until you reach a smooth and creamy texture
- Now add the oats along with chia seeds to a jar. Pour the banana milk mixture into the jar with the oats and chia, place the lid on and shake (be sure to shake super well so everything is nice and mixed)!
- Allow to sit for at least 1 hour (overnight works well too) – then add your nut butter and enjoy! You can either pour it in a bowl like the above photo – or eat straight from the jar like below 🙂
- Feel free to add additional banana for serving – and even a scoop of granola (in this photo I used Nature Path’s Cacao Granola – which goes perfectly with it for an extra touch of chocolatey, crunchy goodness!)