A raw cacao candy cane bar that’s gluten free, dairy free, and low in refined sugars…
What could be better for this festive time of year?
Nothing I don’t think! 🙂
I’m honestly a HUGE fan of mint chocolate – especially during the holiday season!
This is the ultimate raw brownie treat made with good for you ingredients to help support blood sugar balance – and satisfy any of your sweet chocolatey cravings you might have!
To help keep the recipe as healthy as possible, do your best to use organic ingredients – including organic candy canes!
I hope you love the Cacao Candy Cane Bars! Wishing you the happiest of holidays!
– 1 Cup Sunflower seeds
– 1 Cup Medjool Dates
– 2 Tbsp. Cacao Powder
– 2 Tbsp. Cacao Nibs
– 1 Tbsp. Sunflower seed butter (or another seed butter of choice)
– 1 Tbsp. unrefined Coconut Oil
– Pinch of Sea Salt
– 3/4 cups dairy free Chocolate Chips (melted on stove top with a few splashes of almond milk)
– 5 mashed organic candy canes (can find from Whole Foods)
– Place the sunflower seeds in a food processor or blender. Blend until you reach a fine flour like consistency
– Next add the dates. Continue to blend until well incorporated
– Then add the remaining ingredients (except for the chocolate chips and candy canes)
– Once everything is well incorporated (it should be an even consistency), press firmly into a 8 x8 pan and place in the freezer
– Now, in a small pan melt the chocolate chips on the stove top on LOW heat with approximately 1-2 Tbsp. almond milk. Be sure to stir frequently to avoid burning! It should be a thick yet stir-able consistency. Start with the 1 Tbsp. of almond milk and add the other if needed to reach your desired consistency
– In the meantime, smash your candy canes. The easiest way to do this is to place them in a plastic bag of some sort and then smash with something that resembles a small hammer (a meat pounder would work well). Continue to smash until they are in small bits and pieces but not totally crumbs
– Once the chocolate is melted on the stove top, remove bars from freezer and evenly drizzle the melted chocolate over them. Then sprinkle the candy canes evenly on top of the melted chocolate
– Place the pan back in the freezer for 1 hour or until chocolate hardens
– Allow to sit on counter for approximately 15 minutes before you cut into 1 inch squares
– Best stored in the fridge for 5 days or the freezer for any longer!