Alright, so we all know traditional hummus with chickpeas is amazing and delicious, but did you know that so is “butter bean hummus”? I was honestly amazed at how creamy and delicious this dip tasted – and how much of a nice change up from regular hummus it was! Butter and Lima beans are essentially the same thing so if you can find either at your grocery store – you’re good to go.
I like to soak and cook my beans, but if you’re in a pinch for time, canned works just fine too!
– 1 cup (or can) Butter/ Lima Beans
– 2 Tbsp. tahini
– 1 Tbsp. olive oil
– 1 clove garlic
– Juice of half a lemon
– 1/2 tsp. cumin
– 1/2 tsp. of sea salt
– 1-2 Tbsp. (or more) water for thinning
– Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender (starting with only 1 Tbsp. of water) and mix until well combined
– Add additional water as need until you reach the consistency you like
– Feel free to taste test and add more cumin, sea salt, or even a touch of curry powder if you want some extra flavour
– If serving as a dip, I like to garnish mine with some Dukkah spice
– This dip tastes great served with crackers, chips, pita, cut up veg, or even a scoop in your salad or veggie bowl!