I’ve come to love having eggs for breakfast – and notice I feel SO energized and grounded throughout the day from doing so.
Eggs are protein rich, loaded with healthy fats, and contain all sorts of important nutrients (such as choline and B vitamins) which are necessary for keeping anxiety levels at bay!
Eating eggs in form of this ‘Best Ever Veggie Omelette’ is truly my fave!
One note about eating eggs is to do your best to find pasture raised eggs! This way you know they were raised with the up most care and not fed GMO soy, corn, and wheat!
The best place to find pasture raised eggs is at a farmers market, a farm stand (if you’re lucky enough to live near one!), from a friend who has chickens, or sometimes from health conscious grocery stores!
You can truly taste and feel the difference with high quality pasture raised eggs!
Okay, so now we know the best type of eggs to look out for – it’s time to get to this ‘Best Ever Veggie Omelette’ that just so happens to be my fave way to eat eggs! As the name suggests, it’s also an incredibly supportive anxiety easing breakfast!
I hope you feel as amazing after having it as I do!
– 2 pasture raised eggs
– 1/2 a medium sized white onion
– 1.5 cups finely chopped cabbage (either green or purple)
– Drizzle of olive oil for cooking
– Optional: Any other veg your heart desires (ex. kale, zucchini, peppers, garlic etc.) – I often like to keep it simple with just onion and cabbage because it’s super quick and easy!
– Toppings: high quality sea salt, avocado
– Pre-heat a cast iron pan with a generous drizzle of oil
– As your pan is heating, finely chop your onion and cabbage
– Once the pan is nice and hot, add the onion to the pan and saute until it’s beginning to look translucent. Then add the cabbage and continue to saute until it begins to soften up and is cooked to your liking
– Crack 2 eggs into a small bowl or jar and ‘scramble’ with a fork super well – as the veggies continue to cook
– Once the veggies are finished cooking, remove from pan. NOTE: I find the ‘secret’ to the best omelettes is to be sure you cook your veggies enough so they get nice and caramelized and delicious! You don’t want to burn them, however you do want them to be tender and sweet!
– Add an additional drizzle of olive oil and then pour the ‘scrambled’ eggs onto the pan, making sure it covers a thin amount, evenly throughout the pan
– Add a handful of the cooked cabbage and onions and sprinkle it on the cooking eggs (leaving the remaining veg to eat aside the omelette later)
– Allow the omelette to cook for 3-4 mins (depending on the heat of your pan) before you decide if you want to attempt to flip it (!!) or simple continue cooking it so that it cooks enough from the bottom up. I typically flip mine as I don’t love ‘runny’ omelettes – however the choice is totally up to you! If you decide to flip, be sure to use a large metal spatula so you can really get underneath it to flip it without breaking 🙂
– Once the omelette is cooked to your liking, fold it onto your plate, and eat aside the remaining sautéd veg. Top with avocado, sea salt, and anything else your heart desires (sea salt, pepper, tahina, hot sauce, etc.)