Okay, I don’t know about you but for me, pancakes are the ultimate breakfast comfort food!
These ‘Best Ever Banana Oatmeal Pancakes‘ really do stay true to their name! They’re made with super simple ingredients, it takes less than 5 minutes to whip up the batter, and they just so happen to be the most perfectly fluffy yet hearty consistency!
Now in terms of toppings, in my eyes no pancake breakfast is complete without a generous drizzle of both peanut butter and real maple syrup! I also love whipping up the recipe for my 3 ingredient incredibly delicious refined sugar free caramel date sauce!
Serving Size: Approximately 5 medium sized pancakes
– 2 very ripe banana
– 1 and 1/2 cups whole oats
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 cup almond milk (plus more for thinning if needed)
– 1 large pasture raised egg
– 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
– Place oats in a blender and blend until you reach a fine flour like consistency
– Remove the ground oats from blender and set aside in a small bowl. Add the baking powder and cinnamon into the bowl with the oats and mix until well combined.
– Next, add the banana, almond milk, and egg into your blender and blend until you reach a smooth texture
– Then add the oat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon mixture back into the blender and blend on low until just combined. Be careful not to over blend as this can make the texture of the pancakes too goey. Alternatively, you can hand mix the wet ingredients from the blender with the dry ingredients in the bowl – however I find popping them all in the blender makes for quicker and more smooth option.
– Add a few more teaspoons of milk if needed (depending on how thick you like your pancakes)
– Pour approx. 1/2 cup of batter onto a well oiled and very well heated pan (it’s important to ensure the pan is very well heated for fluffy pancakes!). I recommend using a cast iron pan if you have one. If using a smaller pan, I find it best to cook one at a time (I know this takes longer, but it helps them to cook so much more evenly!)
– Flip pancakes when golden brown
– Keep the finished pancakes warm until you are ready to eat! Then top with whatever you desire – as mentioned above, I highly recommend peanut butter and real Maple Syrup 🙂
Hope you enjoy these ‘Best Ever Banana Oatmeal Pancakes’ that just so happen to be gluten and dairy free! If you enjoy, be sure to leave a comment below 🙂