Okay – so I sort of have this thing where I can’t really drink smoothies unless is HOT outside (aka middle of the summer). However, that all changed when I discovered this Autumn Harvest smoothie!
The spices (cinnamon & nutmeg) in it make it warming, and the cooked yam in it adds a cozy grounding element, meaning I can drink this smoothie all fall long – without feeling like I’m freezing! The ingredients are particularly helpful to ease anxiety & keep your blood sugars balanced.
This is also a great option to have for breakfast when you’re not super hungry or your digestion feels “off” as it’s very easily digested!
– 1/2 cup yam, cooked (this is about 1 small/medium sized yam)
– 1 large ripe banana (preferably frozen)
– 1/2 honey crisp apple
– 1/4 cup non dairy yogurt (such as coconut)
– 1 cup non dairy milk (I use oat or almond), plus more for thinning if needed
– A pinch of cinnamon
– A pinch of nutmeg
Toppings: I love topping this smoothie granola!
– Cook yam with your preferred method. You can either boil/ steam on the stove top or bake it in the oven (I prefer baking in the oven as it gets super caramelized and sweet!)
– Place all ingredients into a high speed blender
– Blend until well combined
– Add additional milk as needed, depending on how thick or thin you like your smoothies to be
– Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!