These bars are honestly too good for words! They are creamy, satisfying, and the perfect touch sweet! They make for a great snack at any time of day. And best of all? They’re ONLY 4- ingredients (plus sea salt)! Since creating this recipe – they’ve become an absolute staple in my house! I haven’t tried swapping ingredients yet, but sure they’d be equally wonderful mixing up the seeds/ nut butters used! Hope you enjoy these bars as much as I do!
– 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
– 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
– 3/4 cup dates (pits removed)
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
– Generous pinch of high quality sea salt (I use Alchemy Taste)
– Place sunflower seeds in a food processor or blender and blend until you reach a fine crumb like texture
– Add the dates and continue to blend/ process until they are broken down (2 or so minutes) until they are broken down (2 or so minutes)
– Add the dates and continue to blend/ process
– Add the almond butter, cinnamon, and sea salt and continue to blend until you reach a homogenous texture
– NOTE: if your dough is too dry to form into bars, add 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil. If they are too moist, add a touch of additional sunflower seeds
– Form into bars and then place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes
– Remove from freezer and then store in the fridge until you’re ready to consume
– Feel free to sprinkle with hemp hearts, cacao nibs, or an additional drizzle of almond butter!