These are SO yum! They’re the perfect double layer treat that will melt in your mouth!
These bars are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, AND refined sugar free!! Despite looking a touch complex to make (layered stuff sometimes intimidates me) these are SO simple and made with whole food ingredients you’ll likely have already in the house!
I really don’t have much else to say other than that you will NOT be disappointed with these – I promise!!
– 1 cup dates
– 1 cup oats
– 1/2 cup sunflower 🌻 seeds
– 1/2 cup PB
– 2 Tbsp honey
– 1 Tbsp coconut oil
– 2 Tbsp. cacao
– 2 Tbsp coconut oil
– 1/4 cup PB
– 1/2 cup melted chocolate chops (or 1 x 90g/100g dark chocolate bar)
– 2 Tbsp, maple syrup
– Pinch of almond milk
– Place the oats and sunflower seeds in a food processor and blend until you reach a fine flour like consistency
– Add all other ingredients for the base to the food processor and continue to blend until your reach a consistent texture
– Press the ingredients for the base firmly into an 8×8 pan (use your hands to be sure everything is equally dispersed)
– For the top layer, place all ingredients in a small pot and heat on low until everything is melted. Stir well the entire time it is heating to ensure it doesn’t overheat/ burn
– Pour the chocolatey top layer onto the base layer in the pan, ensuring the chocolate is evenly dispersed throughout (you can use a knife to spread it if needed)
– Place the pan in the freezer for 1 hour to set
– Remove from freezer, allow to sit on counter for a few minutes before cutting into squares
– Best stored in the fridge for 1 week or freezer for any longer!