I absolutely love oatmeal for breakfast – especially when you can boost it up with some next level toppings! Back in October I did a collaboration with “Organika Health” called ‘Amp up your Oats.’ I created 4 different superfood oatmeal recipes using some of their amazing superfoods. You can find the specific recipes on their website here:
Photo from Top Left to Bottom Right
- Blackberry, “blue magic”, banana, hemp, and tahini
- Adaptogen powder, cacao, banana, cinnamon, and rose petals
- Spirulina, flax, banana, and peanut butter
- Turmeric, banana, coconut flakes, pumpkin seed, with sunflower seed butter drizzle
You really don’t need a million superfoods in your house to make these beautiful bowls – although keeping a few of your faves in the house definitely doesn’t hurt! Making oats in the morning takes mere minutes, and adding a few exciting toppings not only maximizes the health benefits, but makes them taste delicious, and so fun to eat.
Serving size: 1 bowl
– 3/4 cup whole rolled oats
– 1 and 1/2 cups water
Optional Mix ins (pick whatever you like):
– Agent to make a fun colour: blue magic powder, spirulina, turmeric, beet root powder, cacao powder, medicinal mushroom powder (ex. chaga, reishi, cordyceps, etc.)
– Fruit: banana, apple, pear, berries (fresh or frozen for winter)
– Starches: baked yams
– Seeds: pumpkin, sunflower, flax, hemp, chia
– Nuts: walnuts, cashews, almonds, pecans
– Extras: Ceylon cinnamon (helps to balance blood sugars), coconut flakes, dried rose petals or rose hips (mostly for the visual appeal)
– Drizzles: tahini, almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter,
– Place oats and water into a small pan on the stove top
– Bring pan to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer until you reach a texture of your liking (this usually takes around 4-5 minutes)
– Choose your mix ins! Seriously whatever you have in the house will be amazing!
– I always like to add a few splashes of cold nut/ seed milk to my bowl to make it extra moist and delicious
– Be sure to check out my recipes on Organika Health’s website for some extra inspo by clicking here.