There are like 10000 reasons why I love having this creamy cacao latte in the mornings!
Don’t worry, I’ll spare you sharing all the reasons why I love this drink, and just share a few.
Why I LOVE this Drink:
- It tastes *DELICIOUS* – like honestly that’s an understatement!
- It’s got the perfect amount of ‘boost’ from the cacao yet ‘calm’ from the other ingredients!
- It contains healthy fats to help support blood sugar balance
- It feels like a warm hug every single morning
- Making it is fun – it’s become a part of my morning rituals
- It’s the perfect ‘anxiety easing’ morning drink because it’s loaded with SO much goodness (and not much caffeine!)
Okay so now that you’re clear on just how much I love this drink, let’s get on to how to make it! I’m quite confident you are going to LOVE it too!
– 1.5 cups mylk of choice (I use unsweetened organic almond)
– 1 heaping Tbsp. raw cacao powder (this is the unprocessed version of cocoa)
– 1 tsp. Ashwaganda powder (I use Alchemy Taste)
– A pinch of cinnamon
– 1 Tbsp. tahini (can also use almond butter, hazelnut butter, or any other nut/ seed butter of choice)
– Maple syrup to taste
– Heat your mylk in a small pan on the stove top. Be sure to heat enough so it’s hot, but not too hot that it burns and takes on a funny taste (just before it starts to bubble is a good time to stop)
– Place all other ingredients into a high speed blender (such as a Vitamix) as the mylk is heating
– When the mylk is done heating, pour it into the blender, then put lid on, and safely blend (ensure your blender is okay with heat before doing this)
– Blend until it becomes super smooth and frothy! I recommend blending for at least 30 seconds as you want to make sure the Ashwaganda gets nice and blended up so it doesn’t taste chalky
– Pour into your fave mug and enjoy as a part of a low anxiety morning 🙂